areo 2000 skis

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

loomis

areo 2000 skis

Post by loomis »

hello i was wondering if anyone has used a aero 2000 skis on a 170a and if so did they work well. i have a set i bought off ebay and i bought new rigging from aero ski would like to put them on this winter if it will stay cold and snowy. some times in michigan we get good snow then warm up and its gone it can get annoying . i am planning to put plastic on the bottom of skis also. would like to post a picture of my rat plane also if i can figure out how. rob loomis kalamazoo michigan
W.J.Langholz

Re: areo 2000 skis

Post by W.J.Langholz »

loomis

Can't help you on the ski thing....but I have seen the leading contender in the "RAT PLANE" catagory.......it's a BEAUTY :lol: right Bruce.I don't think Bill is too far behind either :wink:

Find a teenager and get your pictures posted so we can give Bruce some competition eh.

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
mit

Post by mit »

I would not use 2000's on a 170 up here. There are a bunch of folks that don't think 2500's are big enough. If you don't get into deep snow I guess it doesn't matter much.
Tim
flat country pilot

Post by flat country pilot »

I have Aero 2000s on our 170B and they work good here in North Dakota. But, our snow conditions are usually hard packed thanks to the wind. If our wind deposits the snow in Michigan as powder, 2000s may not be enough. :lol:

Our snow conditions can vary a lot and therefore I would rather have a penetration or two position ski like aeros R2800.
But, considering many variables like cost, horsepower, weight, some winters without snow, simplicity of straight skis, easy on and off, I'm sure there are more, the aero 2000s are the best compromise for me right here right now.

Since you already bought them, be ready for the snow, put em on and have fun :D
If you don't like them, put em back on e bay or Barnstormers.

Have fun

Bill
Flat Country Pilot
Farm Field PVT
54 C170B
Bill Hart

Post by Bill Hart »

W.J.Langholz wrote:loomis

Can't help you on the ski thing....but I have seen the leading contender in the "RAT PLANE" catagory.......it's a BEAUTY :lol: right Bruce.I don't think Bill is too far behind either :wink:

Find a teenager and get your pictures posted so we can give Bruce some competition eh.

W.
You guys with the resto jobs better watch out the rat planes are catching up.