Need STC info

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

minton

Need STC info

Post by minton »

I have been trying to reconstruct my aircraft documents and am looking for information on Seaplane Flying Inc. They are now defunct. Does anyone out there have any contact info?? Thanks
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

See if the FAA records division has your aircraft records on microfiche or CD.

One of the problems with STCs on airplanes that are not widely known, or popular is when their owners (sometimes an individual) passes on, and the family has no interest in it and it has no commercial value. There is no future support, and subsequent owners are at risk if the records and installation instructions are not present. (An inspector may refuse to sign off an annual if he cannot determine the installation meet's it's approved installation instructions because no one has a copy. The owner then must return the aircraft to some other, approved, configuration and meet conformity inspection.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
minton

STC

Post by minton »

At this time I have been refered to the FAA aircraft certification office. They hold all STC certification work up papers. Some of the info contained in is not proprietory such as aircraft POH suppliments. My hope is that I can pry some of the info loose from them based on the owners not responding to my inquiries.