KINT?

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Iceman07

KINT?

Post by Iceman07 »

I've got a buisness trip to a company that is based at KINT. I thought that this would be an ideal excuse to fly my C-170 down. But, after checking AirNav.com and the AOPA website, I'm not so sure... the only FBO seems to be Landmark Aviation, and the majority of the reviews are negative (high fuel prices, bad service, etc.)

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks
Rich
GAHorn

Re: KINT?

Post by GAHorn »

Don't buy fuel there. Airnav.com will also allow you to search for local fuel pricing. There are 4 other airports less than 20 miles from KINT, and doubtless there are many airports enroute to/from there for you to refuel.

When planning trips I use the "find cheapest routes" feature at AirNav. But I also keep in mind that unnecessary takeoffs and landings cost more money than most folks realize in fuel, wear and tear, potential problems, and time. It rarely costs more than a couple of ten dollar bills to just do the simple thing and buy fuel at ordinary places of intended landings, and any tie down/parking fees are usually waived by that action as well. (Purchasing higher priced fuel may be cheaper than paying parking....after all,... you can't burn parking fees thru the engine.)

You think flying is expensive? You should try calculating what airplanes cost us when they are not flown, and subtract the alternative tranportation costs utilized while the airplane sits.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

This is a rather interesting thread. However, I live in California and haven't the faintest where in hell KINT is. And to be honest, the members dilemna does not worry me enough to find a source and determine where KINT is. What is the objection to using the airport name for all the members who do not live or fly in that region? The indiscriminate use of airport identifiers always makes me think of a junior birdman (Student Pilot) attempting to impress the neighbors and his family who are not aviation oriented.
BL
Iceman07

Post by Iceman07 »

blueldr wrote:This is a rather interesting thread. However, I live in California and haven't the faintest where in hell KINT is. And to be honest, the members dilemna does not worry me enough to find a source and determine where KINT is. What is the objection to using the airport name for all the members who do not live or fly in that region? The indiscriminate use of airport identifiers always makes me think of a junior birdman (Student Pilot) attempting to impress the neighbors and his family who are not aviation oriented.
(from the number one "Juinor Birdman"): I used "KINT" specifically because unless you know what KINT is, you can't really help me, now can you?
N5740C 1950 'A' Model
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Hey Iceman you are right I have no idea were KINT is, in fact I wasn't sure what it was until I opened the thread, and I can't help you, this time.

But I still enjoy reading all the posts and like BL would be interested in that part of the country that you are talking about. When I write about KUKT I use the following format "KUKT (Quakertown, Pa)" at the beginning as a courtesy to readers who are ready and willing to help when able.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
Curtis Brown

Post by Curtis Brown »

I'll chime in also...I do think it is more user friendly when we can use the name of the airport /city as well as the identifer. Also when advertising fly-ins one should do the same. But to be aggresive about it seems a bit over reacting.
Curtis
1950 A model 1256D
Larry Holtz

Post by Larry Holtz »

Airnav.com comes in handy.

Larry
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

MEBE EEVN NOWIN WHERE IT IS SUM O US MITE NOT CARE ENUFF TU HELP TOO :twisted:

FAA Identifier: INT
Lat/Long: 36-08-01.4000N / 080-13-19.2000W
36-08.023333N / 080-13.320000W
36.1337222 / -80.2220000
(estimated)
Elevation: 969 ft. / 295.4 m (surveyed)
Variation: 07W (2000)
From city: 3 miles NE of WINSTON SALEM, NC
Time zone: UTC -4 (UTC -5 during Standard Time)
Zip code: 27105
KINT.jpg
KINT.jpg (26.1 KiB) Viewed 7288 times
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
n3437d

Post by n3437d »

I KINT help but smiling on this one.

Joel
N3437D
Visitors are more than welcome. Stop by and say hello.
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Bruce, you have the right idea on airport identification. I like to read all these threads, but I just can't go and dig up some sort of a manual or publication every time someone pops up with some unknown, and remote, identifier.
Some of the big international airport identifiers are quite recognisable, but the vast number of smaller airports that C-170 flyers are apt to use are quite unknown away from their region.
BL
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

Say Gar it looks like you might be a little high in the slot, or as we used to tactfully say when I was in the trade "Captain are you goona land out of this pass" :?: :?: :) To which the old boy would reply with something profound like "son remember I have passed more air than you have flown through".
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

blueldr wrote:.. The indiscriminate use of airport identifiers always makes me think of a junior birdman (Student Pilot) attempting to impress the neighbors and his family who are not aviation oriented.
I always thought aviation-oriented folks knew how to find identifiers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.airnav.com/ (click on "Airports", enter INT or KINT. If you want to find airports in the area of KINT, select Aviation FUEL options.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Who wants to go through all that BS while reading these threads?
BL
dacker

Post by dacker »

Gee Blue... lighten up a little! You're going to give yourself a coronary. :roll:
Just skip the thread and take ten deep breaths. What you need is a good vacation down in TLPC or TFFF. MYAM would be nice this time of year...
TTFN,
David :P :P :P
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

dacker,

Are you trying to push me over the edge?
BL