Windshield ect. ect.

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Watkinsnv

Windshield ect. ect.

Post by Watkinsnv »

Well I ordered a 3/16 grey tinted one piece windshield from Great Lakes today. I just can't stop now that I have it in the hanger where I work. I never work on it during regular working hours. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it! I'm working on all the loose ends of what has turned out to be just over a three year O-360 engine conversion, with all the extras! When people ask wy so long? I tell them life has gotten in the way. But now as much attention as I can spare is going toward the completion of my 170B. Just a couple more extras while I'm at it, more to enjoy when its done. less to do later. Having saved some of the most difficult problems for last, as I knock them off its like a reward to pick a little extra project to add on. I think this could be considered a sickness or something. Lance
kloz

Post by kloz »

Sounds like you have come down with a severe case of mightaswells.
Carl
HA

Post by HA »

hey Lance, where are you working on it? one of our planes is based at Jet West, if I need to come out there again yet this spring I'd love to come see your engine swap project! I did one for a customer years ago, really made a different plane out of the old 170.
'56 "C170 and change"
'52 Packard 200
'68 Arctic Cat P12 Panther
"He's a menace to everything in the air. Yes, birds too." - Airplane
Watkinsnv

Based at

Post by Watkinsnv »

Its in the Premier hangar over at Mercury Air Center. We do all the contract maintenance on Corporate aircraft as well as all the Commercial Air Lines that come into Reno. It spent most of its time in Reno at Sierra Air Center outside, where I did the majority of the work. I stayed after tonight and drilled off the lower retaining ring that secures the windshield in preparation for the installation of the new windshield. I also have to paint the forward top of the fuselage between the cowling and windshield to match the new paint job on the cowling. Lance