Hangar Price Survey

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

wa4jr

Hangar Price Survey

Post by wa4jr »

I am very curious about what other 170 owners are paying for hangar rent around the country :?: I consider prices at FRR here in Northern VA to be on the high side. T hangars go for $250 per month, tie down spots on the ramp are $45, and the avgas is $2.70/gal. FRR is a small 3000' paved county airport in the Shenandoah Valley. I would like to make a case to the airport commission that they could really increase traffic, both based and transient if the prices were lower...especially on the avgas. Within a 15nm radius of FRR, avgas can be had for as low as $2.28/gal. and tiedown spots for $15.
If you folks would be so kind as to let me know what you are paying for hangars, tiedown spots, and fuel, please let me know. Post a message here or send a private message as you see fit. Thanks in advance for the info :)
John, 2734C in Summit Point, WV
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

In the DFW area there are wide ranges of prices depending on the airport. At GPM the prices are really good. A nice hangar with concrete floor, lights, 110 outlets goes for $180. If you get one on the end that is a hangar and a half - great for a workshop - it is $245. At ADS where the price per square foot is higher for everything, the prices are not nearly as good. A hangar with a dirt floor and no electricity goes for $265, tie down on the ramp $85. These prices for ADS are 1 - 2 years old, maybe increases since then. Their nice hangars like the ones at GPM are over $350 I believe. In the areas just outside the metroplex there are small airports with very reasonable hangar prices. But, the waiting list to get a hangar at GPM is over a year and hangars are in short supply at all airports I know of here in this area.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
Bill Venohr

Post by Bill Venohr »

Prices in the Kansas City area will probably run 200-300 for a hangar with electricity. I can't afford that, so I am at a small, grass strip with open T-hangars. I have the best situated hangar on the field at $75.00. All other rents are $5-25 lower. If I was willing to drive 40 miles I could get a nice enclosed hangar with electricity for $85, which reflects getting far away from the metro area. Tie-downs probably run $30-75 dollars, but I haven't really priced too much. Average fuel is probably $2.65 in the area, although at our field I pay around $2.10.
Bill Venohr
N4044V
Aurora, CO
superpilot_75965

Hangar rental

Post by superpilot_75965 »

Rental at our local airport (OCH) "East Texas" is 100-125 for T hangar with lights and power. Hangars are privately owned with land leased from the city. LFK, 20 miles down the road Hangars are owned by county 135 and up in shared with T's going for 150. F-17 county owned, some have floors and electric 65- 105 when available
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

I'm based at Mansfield, MA - about 18nm NE of Providence, RI and 25 SW of Boston, MA. 100LL is $2.55, tie downs are $55, and hangers (if you want to call them that) are $180-$200 with dirt or broken concrete floors that aren't the same level as the taxiway and doors that can break loose in strong winds.

I understand that there's a nearby airport with new hangers that are going for $300/mo - including electricity, heat (I think), and phone lines.

Doug.
N8082A
Harold Holiman

Hanger Price

Post by Harold Holiman »

Here in LaFayette, GA (9A5), ramp space is $25.00 per month, hanger space in main hanger is $90.00 per month, new enclosed T-hangers (2 years old) with concrete floor, lights, electricity, access to water for washing $160.00 per month. There are also a number of privately owned hangers built on leased airport property.

Harold H
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Here at Port Townsend,out in the hinderlands of western Washington,we have a 3000' paved ,lit runway and one mechanics shop on the field,along with an excellent cafe. 100LL sells for about $2.30 a gallon out of a cardlock pump.
Grass tiedowns are about $40 a month,paved tiedowns are about $50 or 55.Port-owned hangars (old & funky,with leaky roofs and at partially-dirt floors) are about $155 a month. To rent one of the newer (5-10 year old) privately owned condo hangars is between $200 and $250 a month.To buy one with 40 to 50 years remaining on the land lease is about $30K.

Eric
Rudy Mantel

Hangar rent

Post by Rudy Mantel »

Here in south Florida prices are really outrageous. At Pompano Beach the new T-hangars rent for $600 per month, the old ones for $500.
At my airport, Hollywood-North Perry, (HWO) I pay $350 for a Metal T-hangar with electricity (no water) and that's the cheapest in town. And the county is about to make them tear those down because they don't meet the new hurricane building code ! The new hangars, if they're built, will be much more !
Tie down is $50-75 per month. You folks in other states are very lucky !
Rudy
N1277D

Hanger Rents

Post by N1277D »

Hanger Rents for GA aircraft in the Idaho Falls, ID area are in the $65 to $125 a month range depending on the size. Most hangers are owner built with the county or city leasing the land to the builder at around 15 to 24 cents per square foot per year with a 99 year lease with the land lease cost re-evaluted at 5 year intervals. The hangers are sold among private individuals along with the lease. Typical hanger prices range from a low of $5,000 (CY 1950s building) to as high as $30,000 or more (CY 2000 building) for a new building with heat, water, door etc.

Outside tiedowns at IDA at $15 to $25/month depending on which side of the airport you wish to tie down on. The busy side is $25/month and the less busy side is $15/month
N2255D

Post by N2255D »

Here in central New Jersey (N14) a new T hanger that just fits a 170 rents for $325 Nice cement floors but the electricity is added to the bill. The old T hangers with a dirt or gravel floor are $255 plus electricity. Fuel is $2.36 before the 10% tenant discount. At VAY the same size T is $295 and the larger T that can fit a 140 and 170 is $400. There is no fuel discount but no charge for electric. At Vay The wait can be years but at 14N there are open hangers. The airports are about 3 miles apart, Go figure. Outside tiedowns at both range from $45 to $55.
Doug Echelberger

Hangar Rent

Post by Doug Echelberger »

I am located in N. California's centreal valley. Our city hangers rent for $125. I have a privately owned "T" hanger and pay only for the tie down space it covers, $35. We have a couple of people sub-leasing theire "T"s for $150. Fuel prices the last I checked were $2.66.
Glad you are checking. Our airport manager thinks the city should raise rents again, (raised two years ago) just because he thinks he could get it. I am also on the Commission and have asked for an airport accounting brief from our city laison so we can make a educated deicision on voting for higher rents.

Doug
Doug
N2426D
North Calif.
sj

Post by sj »

Kansas City Downtown Airport:
Inside group heated hangar: $350
Crummy T Hanger: $275 (what I have)
Shade Port: $165
Tie Down: $60

You can drive 50 miles and pay $100 for a heated hangar.

You can drive 70 miles and get a free hangar at an airport with no services and some dilapidated hangers...

sj