We've just past a HUGE milestone

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

We've just past a HUGE milestone

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

At 10:07 am, April 11, 2002, 35 minutes and 10 years ago today Dale Medendorp, our webmaster, fired up phpBB software and started this forum as we know it today. Seems like just yesterday.

Of course for those who don't remember George Horn started a Yahoo chat group theclassiccessna170club on April 16 2000 before this forum. The Yahoo chat group still exists in Yahoo land but has been locked a dormant since this forum started.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Re: We've just past a HUGE milestone

Post by GAHorn »

JUst to clarify ... TheClassicCessna170Club at Yahoo was the predecessor of these forums here at TIC170A. In 2000 I created it in order to open online dialog with others interested in this airplane and its maintenance/operation.
When membership of the ClassicClub quickly approached significant numbers (400+) it became evident that the optimal Host should be THIS association, so (my membership/participation in TIC170A pre-dating the Classic Club anyway) I approached the Board of Dir's at one of the meetings and TIC170A agreed to host these forums. The member-list of that club was referred to this site and Dale Medendorp selected the phpBB software to facilitate. I suggested the format of seperate forums within the whole (i.e. The Pilot Lounge, The Hangar, The MX Library, etc) and became the original moderator with Dale being the webmaster.
TheClassicCessna170Club was mothballed in order to preserve the discussions there but to hopefully steer inquisitors to this site. (I also have those discussion archived on CD, but for all practical purposes these Forums have far exceeded any useful information archived by the original club.)
At the Albuquerque (Feb.2007) mid-year BOD mtg, the board created the Internet Technology Committee comprised of Dale, myself, and Bruce, who also became co-moderator. (Mtg minutes contained in 2nd Qtr 170 News http://cessna170.org/forums/membersOnly ... ws2Q07.pdf )
Gosh! How time flies!
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

It's been quite a trip, and the end isn't in sight! All the efforts put into it by George, Bruce and myself are greatly amplified by all the users out there and the ongoing support of The International Cessna 170 Assn.

Thank you, everybody!

Dale Medendorp
n3833v

Post by n3833v »

I need to thank you the committee for all the work that you do behind the scenes and giving of your time. :D THANKS!!!

John
John Hess
Past President 2018-2021
President 2016-2018, TIC170A
Vice President 2014-2016, TIC170A
Director 2005-2014, TIC170A
N3833V Flying for Fun
'67 XLH 900 Harley Sportster
EAA Chapter 390 Pres since 2006
K3KNT
falco

Post by falco »

Congratulations gentlemen, and thank you.

This is truly a great asset to all of us. All type clubs should be so fortunate.
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

What you guys have put together, is nothing but superlative....