wow what a hoot

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

flyguy

wow what a hoot

Post by flyguy »

The trip to Kitty Hawk All is well that ends well!
Last edited by flyguy on Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
170C

Kitty Hawk Trip

Post by 170C »

Gary, @ the convention John discussed this trip and said no buses would be scheduled to take non flyers due to the distance/time required to get there. He suggested that those attendees with planes do their best to make open seats available to those wishing to go. I am hoping that at registration or the Sunday reception there will be a sign up list made available both for those wishing to "bum" a ride and those willing to carry anyone wanting to go. No doubt some folks may make prior arrangements, but I suspect there will be some coordination on this trip. I know that I will make any empty seats available once we get there and determine who is going, who wants a ride, etc. Might be that some may want to rent a plane to fly up to Kitty Hawk.

Orginally John said there were 15 parking reservations for the C170 Assn at Kitty Hawk itself and after those spaces were assigned the remaining flyers would land at a nearby airport (don't remember the name) and a bus would be made available to take those members to KH. He said the first 15 members who sent in their registration along with a check would get those parking slots. I had suggested all who got to the convention and wanted to fly to KH have their names put in a hat and the first 15 names would get the parking/landing slots @ KH. Never did hear anything back on it and got the impression from some mid year board meeting attendee that maybe those landing slots had become unavailable to our association. Maybe we will find out more upon arrival.

See ya there!
Velvet

Post by Velvet »

We had planned to address this topic in the July Flypaper, as follows:

For those who will be attending the 35th Annual Convention in Wilmington, NC in July: There will be no ground transportation for the tour to Kitty Hawk because it is an approximate 7 hour drive. There will be sign-up forms in the Convention registration room to match pilots to passengers. Those pilots who have space available are asked to offer that space to those who drive in or fly commercially so they will have the opportunity to visit Kitty Hawk.
We have done this at past conventions and it has worked well. It is correct that there are about 15 parking spaces for us at KH. The other planes will land at Dare County and be transported to KH by bus (a short ride).

Let me know if I can tell you anything else.
Velvet
flyguy

The flight to Kitty Hawk

Post by flyguy »

The trip to Kitty Hawk was a wonderful experience and I am indebted to my friend George Horn and his wonderful wife Jamie for sharing the trip with my wife and I.

The Outer Banks and fluffy cloud formations along the shore made for a simply beautiful trip! I think everyone who wished to attend that fly out had an offer of a seat. Thanks to those generous 170 pilots and owners for sharing with those of who did not get to bring our planes to the convention.

Aug 07, 2003
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Disclaimer: I --- did not say Gary and I are friends. That claim of his is purely his own! :wink:

Seriously, I originally had some concerns about those who wished to attend having a ride,...but I never heard of any complaints if there were any. It was indeed a great convention and a great flight up the Outer Banks and back. Wow!