Alaskan Bushwheel - Direct Replacement for Scott

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

kidalways

Alaskan Bushwheel - Direct Replacement for Scott

Post by kidalways »

Just a heads up - I recently replaced my tailwheel tire only to discover that a chunk was missing out of the wheel itself. Evidence says that it has been that way for awhile now. I wanted to replace the wheel - so now the hard part of locating a Scott 3200 wheel assembly. After getting frustrated with Aircraft Spruce's website - I called directly. The nice girl who I had talked to explained that they (Aircraft Spruce) had divorced themselves from Scott and the new French owners. Many people were accusing A.S. of price gouging. She then pointed me in the direction of Alaskan Bushwheel - I called directly and got all the parts and answers needed. Alaskan Bushwheel has an assembly and all the parts required for replacement of a Scott 3200 tailwheel. They are very helpful and the prices are a lot better than trying to buy Scott parts. I was able to replace the wheel, bearings, and axle for about $250.00. They also offer rebuild kits for tailwheels......
If you knew about it - sorry for the repeat in info.....but if you didn't......well, I hope I helped some owners out.