Stuck in Prince George

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Abe

Stuck in Prince George

Post by Abe »

Well I'm on my way back to Oregon and I have a small problem with 04D and had to land at Prince George. If any 170 folks in this area read this and you have time could you give me a call on my cell at 541-263-1327 I would appreciate it. I know it's Sunday anda anda anda...It's a long story and I hope to post a report on my trip to and from Alaska in the future. Thanks in advance and I understand if I don't hear from anybody.
Bill
'52 170B
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Stuck in Prince George

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Abe, you do know that if you click on the TIC170A Members Only Page link at the top of amy forum page you will be taken to another page that has our current Directory in PDF form. You could look in the directory for any member close and give them a call.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
15A

Post by 15A »

Bill,
If you need help, sing out! There's plenty here willing and able.
Joe Craig
'56 C172 Taildragger N6915A
'46 Aeronca Champ N65HM
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

Abe I've been in Regina, i'm waiting at the airport to go to Edmonton to work on another plane. I may be back late tonight in Vancouver and may be able to help. Possibly you could advise of the issue. If sensitive, by internal msg
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS
c170b53

Post by c170b53 »

Talked to Abe and he's going to get home o.k.
Jim McIntosh..
1953 C170B S/N 25656
02 K1200RS
Abe

Post by Abe »

Just got back to Enterprise after spending the night in Penticton. Sure was nice to hear from Jim and his willingness to help...great bunch of folks in this organization and I've never met hardly anyone...A short and dirty version of my perdiciment was that on my way out of MacKenzie and heading for Penticton, I lost my electrical, sqawked 7600 and was 17 out from Prince George so I diverted there. Those folks in the tower did a great job of light signaling me down...(yes while heading to Prince George I checked the book to refresh myself on what was what with the color combinations :wink: ) I'm back to the fluttering amp meter again, but this time I've got an idea which ground may be the culprit. Just needed to recharge my battery to get me on my way and there was nothing on the field. The young man on the line at the FBO put his heart into it, but couldn't locate one. Long story short I thought one of you maybe in the area and I know everyone of you have a charger laying around. And yes a cold front was moving through and the weather wasn't good. After a couple of hours and going to the terminal and talking to those folks, a few local pilots who happened to get to hear my story, I finally walked over to the airport firemen... got checked by an airport fellow who wanted to know what I was doing walking around...talked to a neat fellow who was on duty there and in 5- minutes my battery was being charged. Gave it a couple hours and off I went following the back edge of the front that had just went through and had and enjoyable flight 3+ hour flight to Penticton. But again Thanks to you all...
Bill
'52 170B
jlwild

Post by jlwild »

Abe, Glad to hear you made it home safely :D And happy to hear the 170 gang was offering help and the locals were able to get you going again. 8) So, which ground was the culprit?
Jim Wildharber, Kennesaw, GA
Past President TIC170A (2010-12) and Georgia Area Representative
'55 170B, N3415D, SN:26958, O-300D; People's Choice '06 Kelowna, B.C., Best Modified '07 Galveston, TX, Best Modified '08 Branson, MO.
W.J.Langholz

Post by W.J.Langholz »

I can't wait to see some pictures and hear some stories of the BIG ADVENTURE!!!!!!!

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
Abe

Post by Abe »

Jim,
Sorry it took so long to get you an answer, but it's been busy crazy in our neck of the woods for a long time and I don't see no end for awhile...guess a guy needs to jump in O4D and head north again just to slow things down. But the clouds are here today and the first snow is on the mountain above the house this morning and damned if I didn't get a fire going in the wood cook stove to warm Judy up when she came out into the kitchen.

This time the only thing that I could find that may have been the problem was a dirty ground on the firewall where the negative battery terminal wire attaches. Cleaned and reattached it to the firewall and the amp meter sat right down and have had no problem with the battery discharging since. I'm putting this on my annual to do list to clean this connection every year now.
Bill
'52 170B