Absentee Status

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

blueldr

Absentee Status

Post by blueldr »

Unfortunately, the onset of the coming winter forces me to be absent from these forums for a couple of weeks while I return to my summer estate in Yellowpine, Idaho, to pickle my travel trailer for the winter.

Would someone please volunteer to keep a word count on Mr. Loquatious, the verbose one, ('Gahorn") while I'm gone?

(Just teaseing, George. I really love ya!)
BL
GAHorn

Re: Absentee Status

Post by GAHorn »

Check in occasionally, BluElder! You don't want to worry us! :wink:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

gahorn wrote:Check in occasionally, BluElder! You don't want to worry us! :wink:
SHORTIEST MESSYAGE GAY HORN EVER POSTDED I THINK IMA GONA FEINT!
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
djbaker

Post by djbaker »

Blueldr, I thought you slept under the wing. smoked old cigars, drank coffee from a can, chased all women, and scared all men. WHAT IS THIS ABOUT WINTERIZING A TRAVEL TRAILER !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
JIM BAKER
Chris Christensen

Post by Chris Christensen »

Blue Leader,
Please let us know when ya gets back so we don't worry bout ya gettin snowed in.
Also I am getting more iterested than I can afford in your Cont. IO-360 "project"

PS I am the Wannabe who sent you the History of Aviation in Central Idaho bout a year ago.
53-170-B+
It is better to be late in this world, than early in the next !
Robert Eilers

Post by Robert Eilers »

It seems this Ghost rider is now riding a Winnabago. Can't fault a guy for wanting a soft bed at night. There comes a time in life when the simple pleasures are the most sought after - soft bed, warm place, good woman, good friends, good whiskey, good airplane, cheap gas, no body to bother you - what else is there? Except perhaps working down that list of A$$%*#@$ we have all developed over the years. I say - send them all to hell first with the message for the Devil to watch out I am on my way.
"You have to learn how to fall before you learn how to fly"
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

Like the late Gen. Douglas McArthur, I have returned and am anxious to return to giving my excellent advise on almost everthing, whether wanted or not. The sojurn to Yellowpine, ID. was, as always, a delightful change of pace. Of course, I cried a lot at the cost of gasoline for the 1400 mile round trip in a Ford Explorer, but life goes on. My 26 ft. mansion is now drained and pickled for the winter and hopefully will not require further attention until spring. Yellowpine is quiet this time of year. The twenty five or thirty locals are busy citting, splitting, and storing firewood for the winter. I love the summers up there, but when I see the stacks of firewood equal to the size of cabin to be heated, I lose interest in wintering there.

For Jim Baker---
The tooth is long, the body is weary, and the tent leaks. A travel trailer is the answer.
BL
N1277D

Post by N1277D »

Dick:

How are things going in Yellowpine. Have they changed the name of the road in town that was named after one of my gold mining ancestors. I noticed the webcam we installed is still showing good weather at the airport, no snow yet. We will try to stop in there next summer, and are liking the NC winter beach weather way too much; no coats and no need to cut, split and stack 10 cords of wood :D . However, Yellowpine summers are the place to be.