Wanted Aircraft Painter recommendations

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bobo

Wanted Aircraft Painter recommendations

Post by Bobo »

Hi Guys,

Here is my problem..........I live in New Jersey, so I need some recommendations for getting my C170a paint corrected.
Last year in October I put a new rudder on. I had asked Jenny Aviation located in Hammonton NJ to paint the rudder.
Now I knew this person for serveral years and thought he would be a good resource. Well to make a long story short
the airplane is now the wrong color. Instead of being white(the rudder, elevators, hor stab and the top of the rear
fuselage are now cream color). I have been to Reese Aviation for a quote but at $5000.00 is out of my budget.

So if anyone knows of a reliable painter, or a friend that would like to help me please let me know. :D
Bob Ohlson
N3857V '49 170A
doug8082a

Re: Wanted Aircraft Painter recommendations

Post by doug8082a »

Bob,

Are you looking to repaint the entire plane or only the areas needing correction? In the Northeast, getting a paint quote for a entire 170/172 size plane for under $7k is hard to come by. Mine was painted 2 Prestige Aircraft in Swanton, VT (5 miles from the Canadian border), but that might be a bit too far for you...
Doug
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Bob, why don't you insist those color-blind painters CORRECT THEIR WORK?
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bobo

Post by Bobo »

Doug and George,

I was looking to have only the area that is done in Cream to be repainted. If I was dealing with a true businessman the airplane would have been
repainted by now. But when I stated the obvious the paint does not match the rest of the airplane and the painter states it was my fault because I gave him the wrong paint number it leaves you no where to go after that. I had also asked him to repaint my right door and guess what he made sure that the door matched the rest of the plane.

Thanks for your replies.
Bob Ohlson
N3857V '49 170A