Photo's on the forum

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Kyle

Photo's on the forum

Post by Kyle »

Can anyone tell me the process of adding pictures to a post. I have tried to simply copy a JPG and paste but no luck. Normaly I'm able to alter, copy, paste etc. through word documents with no problem .... however on our site it's not working. If I press the IMG button above, it also does not work.

Many thanks and a GREAT Holiday to all.

Kyle
Kyle Takakjian
Truro, MA
52 C-170B, N8087A
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

Hey Kyle,

The trick is that you are not posting the pic - you are posting a link to the pic. The pic needs to be stored somewhere readily accessible to the web - say, your own web server, a Yahoo group, Geocities page, some other website, etc. You then post a link to that pic in the posting here on the forum and it's copied into the post. See the following thread for more info:

http://cessna170.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1574

One amendment to the above post - the pic does not have to be .gif only. It can be any standard digitla photo format: .gif .jpg .bmp, etc.
Doug
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Hello Doug,

Thanks for the info. I took a look at that link and will attempt to get some space on a webb link. I have comcast so perhaps I can use their system.

On that link I noticed people also posting pictures directly. Is that done via another method ? Hope your up and flying and tomorrow is a great day.

Kyle
Kyle Takakjian
Truro, MA
52 C-170B, N8087A
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Kyle
Comcast is fine. That is where my photos are stored. One thing about Comcast is they give you about 6 email addresses. Each one has storage space alloted to it. So even if you don't use more than one email address you should make 5 others so you can use the storage space.

Don't know hat you are talking about when you say people are posting pictures directly.

There is NO WAY to do this with our current forum software setup.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

How about you guys that like to post photos on the forum learning how to post your photos without blocking out the next two or three messages. It's a real pain in the ass to have somebodys pet flying machine cover up the next three messages when an interesting discussion is going.
BL
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

As a matter of fact, maybe we should have a "Photo Album" Forum where members can post pictures of their pride an joy for all to see. Please, no wives or girl friends. They could then put a reference to the pictures in their forum posts without eclipsing other posts.
I think George should be developer of this new site!
BL
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

This is one of my nights for really neat ideas!
BL
mit

Post by mit »

I wish we would make it easier to post pictures here......
Tim
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

BL

You saying that when a large photo is posted it actually covers posts on you computer. I've never seen this before and I've use at least 10 different computers over the years and currently us 4 to view this forum.

Are you sure it's covering post or since you have to scroll so far it just seems like it's covering posts.

You are right though it would be nice for all if photos where limited to about 6x4" or 450x290 pixels.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
alaskan99669

Post by alaskan99669 »

I too have never seen posts covered by pictures. I've seen where the text scrolls off the screen to the right, but is still viewable by scrolling right.
Corey
'53 170B N3198A #25842
Floats, Tundra Tires, and Skis
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

The photos I mentioned being directly in the posts are the ones that you view directly in the posting and do not need a link to access the photo.
I have seen a few like that in the forums. However, considering some of the members comments, it seems as that can be the cause of a technical problem for reading further on the chosen subject ......

V/r

Kyle
Kyle Takakjian
Truro, MA
52 C-170B, N8087A
Tom Downey

Post by Tom Downey »

when is the web page going to update he software.. like this

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/
Tom Downey A&P-IA
alaskan99669

Post by alaskan99669 »

Kyle, like Doug said, the picture I'm posting below is viewable right here in this posting, but the picture does not reside on this forum's server. The picture is on my Geocities account and I simply inserted a link to it and then this forum does it's magic of displaying the picture here even though it's on Geocities server.

Corey
'53 170B N3198A #25842
Dave Clark

Post by Dave Clark »

So Corey, what's the story on the landing/flip and the lack of wheels in the second photo?
Dave
N92CP ("Clark's Plane")
1953 C-180
alaskan99669

Post by alaskan99669 »

According to NTSB the pilot was coming in to land on a sand bar, was coming in a little short, gave it a little gas but the engine sputtered and he hit something flipping it over. Then on another web site it says he prepped it for a chopper lift (maybe that's why the wheels are off) and that's when the real damage happened because as rumor has it the chopper dropped the plane after lifting it a substantial distance off the ground.
Corey
'53 170B N3198A #25842