To much time

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Bruce Fenstermacher

To much time

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Gahorn wrote:(And Bruce,...you've got too much time on your hands, huh?)
Well George now that I'm done building my half scale 170 pedal plane I've got plenty of time. Thats me of course on the shake out taxi.

Best part about this plane is I used a lot of automotive and lawn mower parts and no one cares. And of course there is No log book to sign. 8)
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

I love it! Now THERE is someone with too much time on their hands. :D Seriously Bruce, how much time did you spend concocting that avatar?
Doug
Bruce Fenstermacher

Well Doug at the Tehachapi convention it accured to me that we ought to put our mug shots on the web instead of our airplanes. This would make our posts more personal and when we happen to meet in person we would recognize each other.

Of course I like the picture of my airplane and some would argue they don't want to see my mug over and over so the thought was planeted how to combine each.

In another life I have 25 year experiance in the graphic arts field and lots and lots of practical experiance with computer software which includes Photoshop.

How long did it take? I shot the photo of me sitting on a paino bench in front of my garage about 3:00 in the afternoon. That took several shots but most of the time was spent figuring out the digital camera. By 4:00 the images where combined. The next day after I stopped laughing I added the wording and ground and uploaded the file. So maybe 2 hours total time but again I've done this sort of thing a few times before. Anybody ever see a taildragger Mooney 201 or maybe one on Amphibs, I have. :wink:

doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

You realize that with a pic like that *someone* is going to request that "pedal plane". Maybe you should draw up some plans. Might make a fun give away at a convention. :D
Doug
Bruce Fenstermacher

Funny you should mention that Doug. Cessna just happens to have a set of plans I'm sure you could get for a reasonable price. :wink:
Just reduce 50 percent on a cpoier and your set. :D

doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

Hhmmmmm....... 8) Gonna have to give that some thought. :D
Doug