Fede is back in Patagonia

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Alterfede

Fede is back in Patagonia

Post by Alterfede »

Hey guys, im back in El Bolson!!!, my town in patagonian andes. I arrived on january 4, the plane is in lincoln, doing the annual, do you remember the problem i had with a light vibration and we tought it could be valves sticking, well, the mech discovered it was something related with the carburetor, because it started to vibrate when full throttle applied, and when you start tyo pull the throttle the vibration started to decrease and finally disappear. he pulled the carb and found GRASS LEAVES inside it, just behind where the fuel is taken from, he cleaned that, and disassembled inside, fortunately it was clean and the gaskets were ok, assembled it i tested the plaen in flight it was OK, and the trip to lincoln, 3 hs at 100 kts with 15 kts headwind, at 2450 rpm and 3000 ftl ASL, didnt want to enter controlled airspace because i dont know the status of my radio equipment and txpdr, so it burned a lot fo gas, but i didnt care, the problem now is that it burned or leaked about 2.5 quarts of oil in those 3 hs so we have a problem somewhere, we found a black dry soot on the exhaust, so maybe it can be some worn or unseated rings, hope is that and not out of limits cylinders. Well, im happy to be here again and hope you start to visit me, but after i briong the 170 here so can take you for a ride on this beautiful valleys. saludos
Fede Ranea
federanea@yahoo.com.ar
TIC170A #7450
Buenos Aires
LV-FEH 1950 C170A
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Welcome back Fede - good to hear from you !
I hope you get those problems fixed- keep us posted-
Rudy
flyguy

GOOD URE BAK :lol:

Post by flyguy »

HEY BUDDY GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE BACK FROM THE FRONT! HOW WAS YOUR SUMMER? DIDJA MAKE A LOTS OF DINERO? SPEND SOME AND FLY TO NEW ORLEANS LOUISIANA (ANY AIRLINE!) FOR THE FEBRUARY GET TOGHTHER. I'LL BUY YOU A NICE DINNER AT ONE OF THEM GOOD OLE CAJUN FAMOUS RESTURANTS. I'M GONNA TAKE MY SWEETIE THERE FOR HER BIRTHDAY. GEORGE HORN AN HIS SWEETIE ARE GOIN TO BE THERE TOO! GOOD LUCK ON THE ANNUAL, OLE GAR
OLE GAR SEZ - 4 Boats, 4 Planes, 4 houses. I've got to quit collecting!
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Hey, GAR! I thought you said you were bringin' Deanie! 8O
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)