Getting supplies in to disaster areas

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

susang777

Getting supplies in to disaster areas

Post by susang777 »

I hope this isn't too far off topic, and I apologize in advance if it is. I have relatives in North Carolina who were hard hit by Hurricane Isabel and have been trying to figure out ways to help them and their neighbors. Most of the disaster relief is focused near Washington, D.C. and the coastal areas, not completely covering the needs of the disaster victims. 2-4 weeks without power and water is nearly impossible to cope with these days. I am especially concerned about the elderly and the children. They are all pitching in to help each other, and are great neighbors, but there's only so much they can do without outside help.

One of the thoughts I had was to try to fly in some supplies, and that's when I thought maybe some of you might be able to help with that.

There are some efforts being made, but not enough yet, and very soon the situation will become critical. If you would like to help, rather than clog this forum with details and unrelated posts, I would be happy to send the information to whoever is interested in helping out. In particular, there are some church groups sending supplies, the Red Cross, the Salvation Army, and even Wal-Mart is getting involved. These are the groups you would be assisting, not an individual.

Email me at susang777deletethispart@yahoo.com and I'll give you the specifics. And thank you.
-Susan
N3440D
55 170B
TIC170A Member