Off Subject

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Trapper

Off Subject

Post by Trapper »

I would like to post a news letter with a story about a boat trip we made on the Nelson and Liard Rivers, with a home made river boat. Ending up drifting to Ft. Liard in the NWT. If any body is interested e-mail me at "info @ TrapperKen . com" remove the spaces. I may be able to post it as a file.
Sorry for being off subject,
Trapper
mit

Post by mit »

I would like to see it! How did those spacers for the axle's work out?
Tim
Tim
Trapper

Post by Trapper »

Good to here from you Tim. Those spacers worked out fine, I keep my ski axels on permenetly now. I think the machine shop over charged but that is life. ($295. Canadian) Thanks again for the drawings.
I loaded my news letter and story "Drifting " on my web site. It can be viewed at,

http://www.canadian-wilderness-trapline ... /index.htm

Let me know what you think.
Enjoy,
Trapper
N3243A

Post by N3243A »

Hello Trapper,

That's a good storyand it demonstrates that floating downstream without power can be quite risky. I was in Fort Liard and Nahanni Butte back in early July on flightseeing trip thru Nahanni National Park and Virgina Falls. Had to buy mogas there at Fort Liard as they would only sell the avags to the local commercial operator for their freight runs to Trout Lake and Nahanni Butte because of delayed resupply.

Bruce
Trapper

Post by Trapper »

Thank you Bruce. Your right it can be a little hard on the nerves. My biggest worry was that I get my grandson home safely. I thought about that several times when we where in a touchy situation. He never realized how serious it was.
Your gas situation reminds me of a time I landed in Freeport Bahamas, and they told me there was a gas shortage and I could only have 15 gallons. Lucky for me I was holding the nozzel in the tank and the gas jocky wasn't paying much attention. They almost made me drain my tanks. I was lucky and they finally agreed to let me keep the gas I had loaded.
Have a good one
Trapper