Sulphur Springs

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N1478D

Sulphur Springs

Post by N1478D »

Well, non of us 170 drivers were looking in the southern sky, George's groundspeed is so slow it's after dark if he makes it at all. But, we were watching the northern sky for that Alaskan/Arkansas pilot who said he was flying in. Word at the flyin was he saw a cloud north of Texarkana and got on 121.5 asking where the nearest storm cellar was. Not me of course, but there was talk that maybe untill he gets the skills up for flying down here in this terrain and weather he would leave the Arkansas part out of his title. Work his way up to it someday maybe. :D
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
David Laseter

Post by David Laseter »

Now, we just had that discussion about VFR pilots flying IFR (punching holes) and I was told it's not proper. Raining Coons n Posum's here Fri and part Sat.. Silverbird was grounded in Palestine, all we could do was chat on the computer about it. Did Green-Streek win the 170 awards?
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Don't let him bother you Dave,... Flat-lander Joe is just jealous of your AK/AR scenic beauty! (He's called Flat-lander when he lands that Flat-wing!)
R COLLINS

Sulphur Springs

Post by R COLLINS »

Dave I must admit, soon after I e-mailed you a ray of light hit me through the window and I was outta-here. I made it seconds before they closed the airport for the airshow. Joe and I did discuss the qualifications it took to be a bush pilot but he stated our conclusions pretty well in his post. George, you are right about Joe's wings being flat, but it appears thats the only ones that can fly. Those 170's with bent wings evidently cannot fly or there so sssslow they can't get there on time, not a single B model in site. BTW Randy Henderson put on a excellent show in his Texas T-Cart. Randal N1745D 170A
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Hi Randall, see, GAHORN is jealous of our "classic straight wings"!
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
David Laseter

Playing Possum

Post by David Laseter »

Now ain't that something George? TWO Flat-Wingers get together and Trick me into thinking they were'nt going. I'll bet they had they're planes already warmed up before they clicked send on that "We're weathered in here" email message. Course, they could've even been sitting at Sulpher Springs using a Lap top. Ain't you glad that we don't have to resort to such trickery to cover insecurities? :P
AK Dave
N1478D

Re: Playing Possum

Post by N1478D »

David Laseter wrote:Now ain't that something George? TWO Flat-Wingers get together and Trick me into thinking they were'nt going. I'll bet they had they're planes already warmed up before they clicked send on that "We're weathered in here" email message. Course, they could've even been sitting at Sulpher Springs using a Lap top. Ain't you glad that we don't have to resort to such trickery to cover insecurities? :P
AK Dave
David, really sorry! Didn't have a clue you are so easily tricked! :oops: What did you read that day in the storm cellar? That one cloud evaporated about 10:30 A.M. We called and a female voice said you couldn't come out and play. Thank goodness you and George have dihedral to keep you stabil. Nose wheel conversions will be next for the two of you. Hey, then think of the flyins you guys can make - all of those 172 drivers hanging out and drinking koolaid. :lol:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
R COLLINS

Post by R COLLINS »

Joe, you know that George could not put a nose wheel on his 170, that extra drag would probably make it stall, because the way you talk it 's barely flying above stall now. Dave, I feel bad about talking you into waiting a week to come down, because the weather was perfect the weekend before. Is it true though, that you have to ask the lady of the house if you can come out to play? 8O Randal
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Randal, that is exactly WHY George and David would be able to attend flyins after their conversions - most 172 people DRIVE to flyins! :lol:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Well, all I can say Dave, is that at a bona fide Int'l Cessna 170 fly-in over at Hodges Gardens last year (Ole Gar was the host, even!) the ONLY airplane to show up was a B-model! None of the A's could complete the flight or deal with the very VFR weather! :lol: