Last Sunday's Sunset

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

N1478D

Last Sunday's Sunset

Post by N1478D »

Only pilots might understand this story!

Last Sunday one of my daughter's girlfriends called crying, her grandmother had just passed away very unexpectantly. Elissa is 12 and Megan and I told her we would be there shortly and help take her mind somewhere else. Had recently been told that Seabiscuit was a good movie and one that adults and older children would enjoy. Neither of the girls had seen it, so off we went. Well, it is a very good movie, lots of emotions, and if you start off in an emotional state, LOTS and LOTS of emotions. After the movie it was time to take Megan to her Mom's and then Elissa back to her house. With the days events, Megan and I had flown to a great and fun breakfast with friends that morning, I HAD TO GO FLYING! Flew south and had fun doing wheelie touch & go's on a country grass strip south of the metroplex - what fun! The sun sets about 8:30 and shortly after 8:00, I stopped doing the touch & go's, kept her low, and turned west directly in to the sun. With our big sky here in Texas we have some spectacular sunsets! That was an evening with one of those spectacular ones. Flying low over the farms and small towns with the ever changing colors of the setting sun till it dissapeared in a 1951 flying machine after watching that movie was really something. Aren't we a lucky and furtunate group of people.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

It might have been easy for you Joe, but the only way I can watch a sunset while flying west is if I put my B-model's big flaps out and slow way, way, down. :lol:
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

gahorn wrote:It might have been easy for you Joe, but the only way I can watch a sunset while flying west is if I put my B-model's big flaps out and slow way, way, down. :lol:
:lol: I was up in the air George! :lol: Know you enjoy your ranch, but go ahead and take off and try it that way! :lol:

It is a funny picture though, you slow taxieing thru the mesquites with your elbow and flaps hanging out. Ha Ha
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

You aren't paying attention enough to D E T A I L S , Joe. That's why you've not noticed how slow your airplane is. I said "while flying west". :lol:
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

There's Arm Chair Flying, Hangar Flying, Simulator Flying, . . . , and Mesquite Flying! :D

You bringing those barn door flaps up to the Grandbury Pancake Breakfast Flyin this Saturday George? Lots of FUN and lots of GOOD PEOPLE! Thinking about heading over to the GREAT BBQ place in Stephenville for lunch afterwards.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX