Lark of Duluth

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Kyle Wolfe

Lark of Duluth

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Some of you may remember Mark Marino from the Duluth MN convention. He has a neat operation called Hanger 10. He makes kits for the Hatz Bantam - a neat light sport aircraft. http://www.hangar10aerosupply.com/

He recently led the building of a replica Benoist flying boat. The original first flew in 1913. They decided that it would be appropriate to recreate the celebration of the first flight now 100 years later. Here's their final product. They've done some water taxiing and had it on the step but not yet in the air. I had the chance to see it last weekend in Duluth. Nice craftmanship. Hope you enjoy!
Lark of Duluth
Lark of Duluth
Period dress
Period dress
Lark 2.jpg
Lark 1.jpg
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005
N2255D

Re: Lark of Duluth

Post by N2255D »

Thanks for sharing Kyle.
Walt Weaver
Spencer Airport (NC35)
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

Cool!

I remember a Benoist replica being at Sun-N-Fun probably 20 years ago being touted as the first to ever provide airline service. A little research seem to corroborate my (sometimes leaky) memory: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benoist_XIV
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
Bramlett

Post by Bramlett »

Regards,

Patrick

Stable fall, face down, frog modified
Kyle Wolfe

Post by Kyle Wolfe »

Saw the reports on the news tonight. That's unfortunate for Mark. Got to be a devastating day.

Not stating that this was a cause...but the ac does not have rudder pedals but rather has a rudder bar stick. It's basically got two sticks - one for pitch and roll and the other for yaw. Seems to me that it would be a difficult ac to fly.
Kyle
54 B N1932C
57 BMW Isetta
Best original 170B - Dearborn, MI 2005