Dan Rudin's 170

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Brad Brady

Dan Rudin's 170

Post by Brad Brady »

Delivered Dan's 55 today. What a beautiful day, here in central IL. light and veritable winds from the south east. I ran the aircraft somewhat hard...at the top of the green arc. saw 130-135 MPH the whole flight.(about twenty minutes from Campus to Clifton) Really the fastest 170 I have ever flown. Of course, it was just me and half tanks. Dan called me earlier in the morning to tell me that there were flags running across the runway. (there is some tiling work being done). So had about 1800 feet to use.....no problem. Landed, pulled up to the hanger, and started showing Dan all the stuff I had done, along with the new paper work. Then said "you want to fly it"? He said "sure" We taxied down to the flags and took off....Dan isn't an aircraft pilot he is a ultralight pilot. So he told me "you take it off and land it"....Done....Dan in the left seat, me in the right, as soon as we were off....I handed the aircraft to Dan.....Ill probably, never in my life forget, glancing over to look at Dan, the smile on his face! He has some medical issues. So is looking to sell the aircraft. He just put a little over $6500 in the annual. (lots O new stuff) I'm no salesman, (I couldn't sell ice water in HELL!) But if you are interested in a real nice 55 170, PM me and Ill give you Dan's info.
blueldr

Re: Dan Rudin's 170

Post by blueldr »

What in the world can you put in a Cessna 170 to generate a $6,500.00 annual inspection?
BL
bagarre

Post by bagarre »

Brad Brady wrote: He just put a little over $6500 in the annual. (lots O new stuff)
Sounds like more than an inspection. Lots O new stuff can get expensive.
blueldr

Post by blueldr »

It's kind of difficult for me to think of putting that much money into a C-170 and then putting it up for sale. I should think it would be impossible to recover that kind of costs.
BL
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

BL,
Two newly overhauled mags, all new seals in the gen and starter, new mounts to the firewall, all new custom built baffle seals, small repairs as needed. and LABOR......The last cost him as much as the parts. And I ate almost a half week of labor to see the project finished! I agree, I can't see how Dan is going to recoup the annual. But he is the kind of guy that wont sell an aircraft with issues! 8) I appreciate that kind of guy!
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

How much? Picture?
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

He's asking $45,000 I'll send complete info sheet with PM
He's asking $45,000 I'll send complete info sheet with PM
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Aryana wrote:That is a really nice looking variation on the '55 Cessna paint scheme...and most importantly, it's RED.

OF COURSE it's RED! What else after reading his description! :lol:
Brad Brady wrote:... saw 130-135 MPH the whole flight.(about twenty minutes from Campus to Clifton) Really the fastest 170 I have ever flown. .....
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Brad Brady

Post by Brad Brady »

I knew you would like the color, George :D