advice on landing in eastern MT prairie

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

blueldr

Re: advice on landing in eastern MT prairie

Post by blueldr »

Anyone that is going to worry about their insurance coverage if they they have an odd sized tire on their airplane, or a double puck brake, had best be damned sure that they stay on their paved home airport and probably will be able to sleep better if they keep the airplane locked up in their hangar. I never used my airplane for other than my own enjoyment. As such, it was really one of my toys. If I broke it, I cried. I liked taking it to places that I knew an insurance company would frown upon so rather than cause a loss of sleep among insurance people I chose to go naked, as the saying goes. Admittedly, It cost me at times. That's part of the price of playing the game. But, it was a lot of fun.
BL
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

You're one of the last genuine gamblers, bluEldr! :P I like it. (But I was thinkin' about the liability side...not the personal loss/risk side.) :wink:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
krines

Post by krines »

Tipped my 170 over in an irrigated alfalfa field in eastern Montana. Chartis insurance covered it and they only required that I had current annual inspection, current biennial flight review, current medical. There was no adjuster going over it with a fine tooth comb to ding me on a technicality. Nice folks that I highly recommend
n3833v

Post by n3833v »

Chartis treated me well on a delayed claim and very reasonable on pricing.

John
John Hess
Past President 2018-2021
President 2016-2018, TIC170A
Vice President 2014-2016, TIC170A
Director 2005-2014, TIC170A
N3833V Flying for Fun
'67 XLH 900 Harley Sportster
EAA Chapter 390 Pres since 2006
K3KNT