Narco AT 150 Transponder

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Gunny

Narco AT 150 Transponder

Post by Gunny »

I am located in Melbourne Florida.....looking for a wire harness for a Narco At 150 transponder. I understand that Narco is out of business. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Gunny
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Narco AT 150 Transponder

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

You don't need a wire harness made by Narco. In fact I'd wonder if there ever was such a thing. Radio shops used a schematic to make the harness. What you do need is the plug and pins for it. As the Narco was a very popular transponder and the plug and pins are the same for the AT50 as well as the AT150 there are thousands of them out there. You should have no trouble locating a plug with pins.

Also many of these plugs and pins are available at electronics supply houses once you know what plug and pins you need. Talk to an experienced avionics installer and they might be able to give you a plug from there box of stuff or tell you what plug and pins you need to buy.

Here is the schematic:
AT50-50A-150 schematic.pdf
(1009.81 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
roamak

Post by roamak »

You can try this guy. I had him fix a Narco for me after everyone said throw it away. Saved several hundred dollars.

http://transponderrepair.com
N87045
'53 170B
0-360 180H.P.
russfarris

Post by russfarris »

roamak wrote:You can try this guy. I had him fix a Narco for me after everyone said throw it away. Saved several hundred dollars.

http://transponderrepair.com
Yep, Dan French is his name. I've used him for years, does a great job. Russ Farris
All glory is fleeting...