Dan Urbach

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

mit

Dan Urbach

Post by mit »

It is with great saddness that I report the passing of one our own and my friend!

From the Fairbanks Daily News Miner
Daniel D. Urbach
Daniel Douglas Urbach 67, of Fairbanks, passed away July 27, 2003, at Fairbanks Memorial Hospital.

Daniel was born Dec. 20, 1935, in Livingston, Mont. He went to Park County High School and later attended Montana State University-Bozeman.

Daniel was a veteran. He joined the Army in the mid-1950s. He moved to Anchorage in 1974 and then to Fairbanks in 1981. He was employed with the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities as a civil engineer, retiring in April 1998 after 24 years. Daniel was a past president of the International Cessna Association as well as a member of the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association. His hobbies were flying and he enjoyed hunting as well.

He was preceded in death by his first wife Marlene, and his brother George Urbach. He is survived by his wife Jean DeGroat of Chandler, Ariz.; his son Daniel M. Urbach of North Pole; grandchildren, RJ & Danielle Urbach of North Pole; brothers, Bob Urbach of Billings, Mont., and Ray Urbach, San Marcos, Calif.; and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins scattered throughout the Lower 48.

There will be a potluck and celebration of life, Sunday Aug. 3, from 2 to 5 p.m., at the Alaska Centennial Center for the Arts located in Pioneer Park.

Memorials may be made to the cancer society of your choice in Daniel's name.

Arrangements cared for by Fairbanks Funeral Home & Crematory
Tim
spiro

Post by spiro »

very sorry to hear this. Dan was a great guy, a terrific resource, and gave a tremendous amount of his time to the Ass'n. Glad I had a chance to visit w/ him again at the Airmen's show in May, he was looking kinda frail then.

paul spiro
Z41 & LHD
N3243A

Post by N3243A »

This is very sad news. Dan helped me 6 years ago wheh I bought 43A in Fairbanks and was just a super nice guy. Was thinking that maybe a small group of us from the Anchorage area could fly up in our airplanes Sunday morning to attend the memorial and honor Dan with a defacto fly-in. Weather permitting I was thinking of a 9:00 AM departure. Please call if you are interested.

Bruce Christie, N3243A
Home: 696-2080
Cell: 441-7801