Station Reference sheet

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

indyav8n

Station Reference sheet

Post by indyav8n »

Members:

Would anyone have a Station Reference sheet for the 170's? I have not been able to locate one, I did
find one for the early 172 aircraft which appear to be about the same fuselage as the 170, but I would
prefer to use one for the 170 if available.

Thanks, Wes
johneeb

Re: Station Reference sheet

Post by johneeb »

Wes,
Take a look at your C-170 parts manual. Most of the stations are given for each bulkhead.
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
indyav8n

Post by indyav8n »

Thanks John, I was hoping that someone had a sheet set up to make it more precise.
Wes
Blue4

Post by Blue4 »

Is this for weight-and-balance loading purposes?
indyav8n

Post by indyav8n »

Blue4,

I am trying to update the the equipment list with all the items that had been installed and not documented very well, I may just have to have the aircraft
reweighed.

Wes
Bruce Fenstermacher

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

Wes,

I've done exactly what your trying to accomplish most recently with my new 170A. I've not found the station points 170 and 172 models have in common are the same for the early 172 but I've usually used known 170 station points from the TCDS or other information to collaborate them. Obviously for gear information or stabilizer information the 172 info wouldn't work. I've also simply measured from a known point for the arm.

What I would do is make up your sheet using 170 or 172 points for a start and then go back and check those points that you may have used 172 information.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

If the airplane hasn't been reweighed in more than 10 years and had more than a few equipment changes, engine/prop, and/or interior/paint jobs done, ...it probably needs reweighing anyway.

As for Arm...it's a simple matter to use a tape measure and hook the end onto the lip at the firewall and measure down the side of the aircraft from there.
If it helps:
MINUS items:
Battery (Minus) -3
Spinner and prop is - 39
Engine Accy case (starter/gen) - 6
Exhaust -22
air filter -27

PLUS items
tires, wheels brakes axles +22
PANTs +21
TAilwheel +249
land/taxi lights (leading edge type) +32
Instruments/avionics in panel +15
B AS tail pull +195
bagg door +99
bagg rear wall bulkhead +108 (elt's/strobe pwr supplies commonly located at +115)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
indyav8n

Post by indyav8n »

Gahorn,

Yep, that is the situation.....it has not been weight in years and all the additions apply, thanks, that will help me figure out some of the questions,
but I agree it time to weight the plane, I like to know exactly where I stand. I'm just too picky I guess :roll:
Wes