Fly-in(g) Fishing

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Abe

Fly-in(g) Fishing

Post by Abe »

A retired fish bio friend of mine is quite a photographer and took these photos just to show that not everyone needs a fishing license to enjoy the sport of fly fishing.....enjoy

http://www.miguellasa.com/photos/sspopu ... ID=1001578
Bill
'52 170B
Brad Brady

Re: Fly-in(g) Fishing

Post by Brad Brady »

Abe,
I can't believe that no one had posted a response yet.....some of the coolest pic's I have seen in quite a while...I can only imagine how fast those birds are coming at that water, with there wings folded.......What 120 MPH?.....very cool...Brad
Larry Holtz

Post by Larry Holtz »

Abe,

Those shots are some of the best wildlife photos I have ever seen. They'll make a great screensaver.

Larry
johneeb

Post by johneeb »

wallpaper1Eagle.jpg
If you like Abe's pictures and this one take a look at this site. This Eagle pair returns to the same nesting area every year. It's a little like watching the Truman Show. :)

http://www.wvec.com/cams/eagle.html
John E. Barrett
aka. Johneb

Sent from my "Cray Super Computer"
4-Shipp

Trained Red-Tailed Hawk Retriever

Post by 4-Shipp »

I was duck hunting in New Mexico back in the 90's an had just dropped a small duck on the far edge of the decoys. As the wind was blowing in to the bank, I was waiting for the bird to drift in closer before I made the wade out to retrieve it. A few minutes later, along comes a hawk that swoops down, picks the duck off the water and starts to fly away. After an initial moment of shock, I stood up and yelled "Hey!" at the the hawk. She promptly dropped the duck which fell onto the bank a few feet from the edge of the water. I have not figured out how to get a hawk to repeat this trick but the first time was pretty cool.

There is also the story from the late 70s or early 80s about the USAF F-16 lost to a "fish-strike". In it's attempt to evade a collision with the fighter, a bird of prey similarly laden to the ones in these pictures jettisoned its load of trout just in time for the fish to find its way down the intake. Doh!

Very nice pictures BTW.
Bruce Shipp
former owners of N49CP, '53 C170B