leaking fuel tank drains

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

mit

Post by mit »

We recently lost a C-170 here to a fire. While draining fuel, static elec. got it. :cry: :cry:

If you need to drain your fuel... a good way to do it is.

1. turn the fuel off. 2. hook up a line too the fuel filter. 3. put the line into the can you are draining into. 3. Select tank to be drained.... 4. which should be 1 is to bond everything. This fellow was draining the gas out of the wing drain into a plastic can with a metal funnel. He was also burned.

how come we don't have spell check? I'm a mechanic not an english major! :?
Tim
jrenwick

Post by jrenwick »

mit wrote:how come we don't have spell check? I'm a mechanic not an english major! :?
Hi Tim,
If you're using MS Internet Explorer on a Windows system, download the Google Toolbar. It'll block popups for you, let you do Google searches without going to Google first, automagically fill in web forms for you, and it has a spell-checker now, too.
(Go to http://www.google.com, click on "more", and scroll down until you find the toobar link.)

Best Regards,

John
John Renwick
Minneapolis, MN
Former owner, '55 C-170B, N4401B
'42 J-3 Cub, N62088
'50 Swift GC-1B, N2431B, Oshkosh 2009 Outstanding Swift Award, 2016 Best Continuously Maintained Swift
N2865C

Post by N2865C »

mit wrote: how come we don't have spell check? I'm a mechanic not an english major! :?
This also works good.
http://cessna170.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2113
John
N2865C
"The only stupid question is one that wasn't asked"
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

If you have Microsoft Word, you can also write your post there, spell check if you like by pressing the F7 key, then Select All (Ctrl-A), Copy (Ctrl-C), then Paste (Ctrl-V) to the post window here. No basis of approval or logbook entry required. :wink:
Miles
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
mit

Post by mit »

Ok Ok, you guys win! Not only I'm I not, an english major. I'm not a computer geek either....... :lol: :lol:

Thanks
Tim
doug8082a

Post by doug8082a »

mit wrote: I'm not a computer geek either....... :lol: :lol:

Thanks
Hey, I resemeble that remark... :lol: :lol:
Doug
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

mit wrote:Ok Ok, you guys win! Not only I'm I not, an english major. I'm not a computer geek either....... :lol: :lol:

Thanks
Hey, Tim,... you are on the computer and there are those who have offered to certify you as a genuine geek... so look out.
(It seems there is no record of your service with the English, and therefore your former rank is still in doubt.) :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
mit

Post by mit »

:D

So much for tank Drains.... I'm sorry I mentioned my ineptness (sp) :oops: :?
Tim
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

N2865C wrote:
mit wrote: how come we don't have spell check? I'm a mechanic not an english major! :?
This also works good.
"This also works good" ??? That ain't no good English!!! :oops:
I think somebody needs to post a link to a grammar-check program--and no, that ain't a program that checks your grandma!

Eric :wink:
N2865C

Post by N2865C »

zero.one.victor wrote:
N2865C wrote:
This also works good.
"This also works good" ??? That ain't no good English!!! :oops:
I think somebody needs to post a link to a grammar-check program--and no, that ain't a program that checks your grandma!

Eric :wink:

Hey....... I cant see nothing wrong with that sentaence :D
John
N2865C
"The only stupid question is one that wasn't asked"