Continental O-300 interchangeable parts list

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Ceveland

Continental O-300 interchangeable parts list

Post by Ceveland »

I’ve searched the forms and tech pubs, and was not able to answer to my question. So if it exist I apologize re-asking the question.

Is there a list of interchangeable parts for the O-300 engines?

What I am looking for is a list of approved components like crankshafts, hydraulic lifters, and things like that. I know that in the lifetime of the engine there has been many improvements made and that some crankshafts/lifters are interchangeable from one engine model to the next but in my overall manual, all I see the original parts listed.

I have a list like this for my smaller A65 engines but I’ve been unable to find one for the O-300s.

Any technical information would be greatly appreciated.
Bruce Fenstermacher

Re: Continental O-300 interchangeable parts list

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

There is a A&C engine interchangable parts list but this wouldn't include stuff from 0-300 era. We probably have that in our archives which you do not have access to as it appears you are not a current TIC170A member. You can find it here though: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.taylorcraft.org/docs/Contin ... change.pdf

While I can not find it right at the moment about 1 month ago while doing a lot of Continental part research I cam across a Continental document that showed parts numbers and their superseded numbers. I found this at the Continental site. However since that time the Continental site was hacked and taken down and totally replaced. I can not find that document at the moment. I don't know if if would have given you the info your looking at.

What I can say from personal experience rebuilding two C-145/0-300 engines, is that just about every part ever made for a 0-300 will interchange with any of the models including the C engines. The guys at Aircraft Specialties are a great source when you have more specific questions.
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
n2582d

Re: Continental O-300 interchangeable parts list

Post by n2582d »

There's also this database I found online.
Continental_part_number_history.pdf
Continental Part Number History
(211.59 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
Gary