forum access

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

170dreams

forum access

Post by 170dreams »

Hello all,
I recently rejoined but I can't post on the TradeMart forum. Last week I sent an email to webmaster but haven't gotten a response.
Am I missing something?

Thanks.
GAHorn

Re: forum access

Post by GAHorn »

Hello, and WELOCOME!

Since our website allows “usernames” of one’s own choosing… it is not readily discernible who a new username actually is….and since, for personal and Forum security….we have protocols set up that make authentication a lengthy process (for most of us moderators) so Bruce kindly runs that “maze” for us. In an emergency, you can also contact ME by PM…. and I can do this…but for processing reasons I prefer you contact Bruce Directly.

We are ALL volunteers…and some of us actually have Jobs….so please give us the time to address personal concerns a bit of leeway…

One more thing….. You use a phrase common to many such compaints…that you have “joined” or “rejoined”…. this group. That can be a very confusing term because …. The most active area of our Forums are Open for participation to the Public…. as PARTICIPANTS.
But this website and Forum his Hosted by the Cessna 170 “Type Club”… I.E., “The International Cessna 170 Association”…. (TIC170A)…
When someone states they are a “member” or have “joined”, etc….. they often mean they have “joined” THIS FORUM….. and ASSUME that gives them full privileges of the Forums…when in-fact…. if they are not Full Paying/CURRENT Members of TIC170A …. they only are Participants in the Public Areas of our Forums (Pilot Lounge, MX Hangar, and “read/respond only” of the TradeMart. (not able to initiate an original post).

Soo…. if you have “rejoined” only these Forums as a Participant…That will explain why you cannot Initiate a New Listing in the TradeMart (or participate in “Members Intercom” or access the “MX Library” which is where our Large Collection of Documentation and Helful MX issues on this airplane.

PM me immediately and I will address this for you.

again…Welcome!
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)