Third Quarter 2004 170 News Cover Photo

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

170C

Third Quarter 2004 170 News Cover Photo

Post by 170C »

Congratulations to Scott & Ginger Lynn on the great photo of their 170 on the cover of the 170 News and to Becky and Kyle Wolfe for the excellant photo taking effort and obviously great pilotage needed to facilitate the photo. That was a great flyin thanks to all who contributed and attended & especially to Arkansas Dave & Traci for hosting the event and all their work. I am looking forward to the 2005 edition @ Petit Jean and this time I will try to do a better job of helping Joe remember his tent poles (sorry Joe, the truth had to come out!).
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Hey, Frank,...while working on Joe's little problem with the "truth"....perhaps you might also bring up the subject of speed. :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

gahorn wrote:Hey, Frank,...while working on Joe's little problem with the "truth"....perhaps you might also bring up the subject of speed. :lol:
Hey, I've never said that I didn't forget my tent poles - sure glad I had some wine at Petit Jean, it was not fun crawling in to that thing every night, and it was lower every morning. :oops:

The speed thing George - all I have ever said is that YOU have a slow airplane, which you do, we all do. :wink:

By the way, walking around at the Cleburne Flyin this Saturday we were walking by this large Indian tepee exhibit with something like a telephone pole holding it up in the middle, and Frank said something about remembering tent poles that had him chuckeling for several minutes afterwards, which wasn't near the first time he has enjoyed himself on that subject. Those tent poles are the first thing in the airplane. I might not have the tent one of these trips, but I will have those tent poles. They made it to Oshkosh, might just start leaving them in the plane. . . :idea:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
170C

Petit Jean

Post by 170C »

I had a business trip this week that required driving from Little Rock to Fort Smith and back. On both of the drives I passed the signs to go to Peiti Jean and sure wished I had of been flying there instead of driving to Ft. Smith. Really looking forward to Petit Jean 2005!
OLE POKEY
170C
Director:
2012-2018