170 NEWBIE...I NEED YOUR HELP!

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

kautsch

170 NEWBIE...I NEED YOUR HELP!

Post by kautsch »

Howdy from Texas. I'm looking to buy a 170 in the spring of 05 to learn on. I'm looking for the following:

1. Mentorship
2. Advice
3. Texans who love 170's (I have the directory and might be calling)
4. Any guys under 40 that are members...no offence to the sage tribal leaders...? I was born in 1972. Seen some of the pics from the events and most of you look wiser than I. :-)
5. Grace from the tribal leaders regarding number 4.

Kind Regards,

Craig Kautsch
Aledo, TX
"The pup who wants to learn on a 170"
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Who you callin' "sage"! :evil: (Oh, wait a minute! Maybe that's a good word. Hmmmmn ... 'never been called thet b'fore.) :?

Who you sayin' looks old! (Yeah...that's the ticket.) Huh? Who? :evil:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome! Where's Aledo?

Join the Association and start coming to the events! (Next big one is Reklaw, 4th weekend of Oct, Oct 22-24, East Texas. You'll meet lots of airplanes/owners, etc. Check out the Events/Fly-Ins section of this forum and download the pdf flyer/invitation that Dan Linn posted at geocities.!)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Joe Moilanen

Post by Joe Moilanen »

What's wrong with looking old!!! Look how good a 170 looks compared to the newer pups.

Joe Moilanen
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Joe Moilanen wrote:What's wrong with looking old!!! Look how good a 170 looks compared to the newer pups.

Joe Moilanen
Yeah, I gotta wonder about these new "flyin' machines" made outta plastic that can't sit out in the sun or they'll break! 8O
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Joe Moilanen wrote:What's wrong with looking old!!! Look how good a 170 looks compared to the newer pups.

Joe Moilanen
Yeah, if an airplane doesn't have a tailwheel I generally don't even bother looking at it!

Eric
AR Dave

Post by AR Dave »

Craig,
You've come to the right place.
More than enough Texan to go around.
Plenty of Sage Tribal Leader Advice.
Quiet a few members under 40, even in Texas.
In defense of our Tribal Leaders, I can assure you they don't always act their age!