Butler Brown Insurance

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

ohanley

Butler Brown Insurance

Post by ohanley »

Has any one had any dealings with this agency?

They specialize in antique airplanes.

http://www.butlerbrownins.com/

Any recommendations for insurance? :idea:

Olan
ohanley
N5756C
zero.one.victor

Post by zero.one.victor »

Olan:
Never heard of Buster Brown Insurance. I went with AUA this last time. You have to be a member of EAA-Vintage Division. I actually had a lower quote from Travers & Associates (took over from AIG, where I insured last time), but Travers' policy had an off-airport exclusion. After checking into it, it turns out that exclusion applied to any place other than a "recognized" (read charted) airport. I fly into some uncharted strips & I figured if I'm gonna ball it up,Murphy's law dictates that it would happen at one of them. So I spent the extra dough for what I figured was better coverage. AUA promised continuing claims-free discounts up to ( I think ) 20%, so I figured in the long run I'll come out at least even.

Eric
Stan_Lindholm

Post by Stan_Lindholm »

I have my insurance with them. I felt they were a little slow returning calls, but I'm happy otherwise. They didn't blink at the requested hull value, and offered higher liability limits than I could get elsewhere ($300k/seat vs previous $100k max). There is no "Off Airport" exclusion.

My premium was $1,570 for $48,000 hull value with $1,000,000 / $300,000 liability limits. The higher liability limit added about $300 if I remember correctly. I have 16,000 hours, but only 150 hours tailwheel time -- nearly all of that in Make and Model.

Hope this helps.
Stan Lindholm
N8287A
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

"They specialize in antique airplanes". How about antique pilots ?
Rudy
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

rudymantel wrote:"They specialize in antique airplanes". How about antique pilots ?
Rudy
It's not antique Rudy! It's very experienced with wisdom gained over time. It's a shame insurance companies are allowed to factor age in. If it was my insurance company, I would insure you in a second, and give you all of the price breaks and would be feeling like I just made a good business decision.

Hey, maybe that's what we need to do. Start an insurance company and seek pilots like you. Bet we would make a lot of money.
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
djbaker

butler brown insurance

Post by djbaker »

If we got 1200 170's to pay an average of $700 the premiums would amount to $940000. You could cover a lot of problems with almost a million dollars a year. Ooooooh, but what about those Alaska guys? For those of you that are too tight. This idea is a Joke :lol: :lol:
N1478D

Post by N1478D »

Or, we could make it non-profit and insure ourselves saving the money insurance companies make in their profit. Maybe Rudy could be the one who explains to those that are not acceptable risks. :lol:
Joe
51 C170A
Grand Prairie, TX
rudymantel

Post by rudymantel »

Actually, despite age 72, I'm insured with Avemco. So far no problems. But I know some companies are reluctant to insure geeezers.
Rudy