2005 Convention

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Harold Holiman

2005 Convention

Post by Harold Holiman »

Which Detroit area airport is going to be the convention airport for the 2005 Detroit Convention?

Harold
N92CP
4583C

Post by 4583C »

Harold
The 2005 convention airport is KONZ, Grosse Ile Municipal. Looks like a beautiful facility from the pictures I've seen. Telling people you're going to Dearborn rather than Detroit will yield less confused looks and questions like "Why the hell ya goin there?" Paul
beeliner

2005 Convention

Post by beeliner »

Whoever is arranging next year's convention in Detroit, please send me an email. I am one of the Ohio TIC170A reps. My 170 is based in Port Clinton, OH and I live a few miles from Cedar Point in Sandusky. If you want to offer a beautiful lake cruise with an option of a visit to Cedar Point's world famous roller-coaster park I'll be happy to help with the arrangements and transportation from Port Clinton or Griffing airports to the park. Port Clinton airport is only 37 miles from KONZ. Cedar Point has rollers coaster that reach the 120mph cruising speed of a 170A/B in 4 seconds and go higher than some of us fly! :lol:

Paul Blankenfeld
exmark@buckeye-express.com
Harold Holiman

Post by Harold Holiman »

That sounds like an excellent convention fly out activity to me. I don't remember who is hosting the Detroit Convention.

Harold
N92CP
Last edited by Harold Holiman on Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Dave and Marcia Mason are the hosts for the Dearborn Convention. You can get the contact info in the Directory (they live in Texas, but Marcia has family in Michigan).

I'm sure they will appreciate any help you can give!