Link for current Airworthiness directive

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

wingnut170

Link for current Airworthiness directive

Post by wingnut170 »

Looking for a link for current airworthiness directive for Cessna 170A thanks in advance
Last edited by wingnut170 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GAHorn

Re: Link for current Airworthiness directive

Post by GAHorn »

wingnut170 wrote:Looking for a link for current airworthiness directive for Cessna 178 thanks in advance
Is this what you’re searching for?:

http://www.cessna170.org/forums/viewtop ... f=35&t=701

Or this from FAA (not specific to 170):
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policie ... ?q=Cessna+
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
wingnut170

Post by wingnut170 »

Thanks
cessna170bdriver

Post by cessna170bdriver »

gahorn wrote:
wingnut170 wrote:Looking for a link for current airworthiness directive for Cessna 178 thanks in advance
I’m glad to see they’re selling beer in Mena these days... :lol:

Is this what you’re searching for?:

http://www.cessna170.org/forums/viewtop ... f=35&t=701

Or this from FAA (not specific to 170):
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policie ... ?q=Cessna+
George, that isn’t Del. I made the same mistake until I saw the number of posts. :wink:
Miles

“I envy no man that knows more than myself, but pity them that know less.”
— Thomas Browne
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Yes... I should’a realized that Del would not be drinkin’ during working-hours! (I edited myself but your quote stands anyway, of course.). dstates gave me a jab in the ribs also.... LOL
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
n2582d

Post by n2582d »

Ray,
George's link to the FAA's airworthiness directives for Cessna's appears to be most helpful if you are working on a Bamboo Bomber. Scroll down a little farther on that page and you'll see three tabs: "Emergency ADs, ADs Listed in the Last 60 Days, and All Current ADs by Make/Model. Select the last one.
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 9.43.14 PM.png
A challenge in locating ADs is that over the years these companies have changed names, sometimes multiple times. Take for example our engines. The Chinese company is now called Continental Aerospace Technologies. Should one look under that name or Continental, Continental Motors, Teledyne Continental Motors? The C-145 or O-300 ADs are found under Continental Motors.
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.14.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 10.14.51 PM.png (38.2 KiB) Viewed 4379 times
For the airframe look under "Textron Aviation Inc." not "Cessna". To do an exhaustive search you also need to search appliances and STCs that have been added to your plane. Things like air filters, seat belts, circuit breakers and ignition switches have ADs on them. Prestolite Alternator? Look just above Przedsiebiorstwo Doswiadczalno-Produkcyjne to find a possible AD for that. :wink:
Last edited by n2582d on Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Doug, thanks for providing our Members further guidance on using one of the least-friendly place on the internet..... the FAA website.

It is disgusting in my view, that the FAA.gov website is so UN-friendly and IN-consistent. Example: You point out that AD notes on C145/O300 engines fall under the OEM (original mfr’s) namesake “Continental”.... BUT, if you look for a Cessna 170 which was originally mfr’d by Cessna where consistency would have found the info under “Cessna”. (In fact, just as Page One of the T50 was immediately displayed)..... One must instead search under the NEW OWNER “Textron”.

Those IT guys at the F-word Aviation Administration at their “best” again.

And Everyone: Here’s another “GotCha” when researching AD’s: If OEM equipment has been substituted in the airplane.... one must research the “Source” airframe.
If an owner’s OEM seats were replaced with articulating seats from another model... that OTHER model must also be reviewed for information which might apply. Was the part scavenged from a salvage-yard? Did you document the make/model/serial of the donor aircraft? (Or, were you even involved in your airplane’s life when that salvage part was installed...?...is it possible to discover such information...? :|

Developing an AD list pertinent and Applicable to YOUR airframe is a time-consuming effort and one of the major reasons IA’s might charge quite a large amount of work-hours to a new customer or an existing customer’s new aircraft. (And they do that under threat of loss of livelihood or fine if they get it wrong.... so some consideration is in-order for them. Customer loyalty goes a long way toward keeping inspection costs down.)