The High for the Day

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

W.J.Langholz

Re: The High for the Day

Post by W.J.Langholz »

We have lucked out .....the Temp is down to a -24 but the wind has died down some so we haven't dropped below that -55 to -60 windchill.

Projected high for today is a balmy -15.....

ya sure you betcha

W.
ImageMay there always be and Angel flying with you.
Loyalty above all else except honor.
1942 Stearman 450
1946 Super Champ 7AC
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Wow! Not much lower and you won't be able to use your old air conditioner! (R-12 Freon won't boil below -21) :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
juredd1

Post by juredd1 »

-2 at the Airport (Harrison, HRO) here in NC Arkansas this morning with 16 kt wind gusts. Out of town had to take my Dad to the VA hospital in Little Rock for tests but my wife doesn't seem to think the Hardy wood furnace is keeping up and she don't like going out in the cold to keep it filled 8O. Am I a bad husband or what...should be back this afternoon to relieve her.
My playground....
35°58’52.01” N 93°06’27.51” W
'54 170B White and Green with a hint of Red
HA

Post by HA »

we're in the same boat as you Willie but with a little more wind yet. not that it matters once it gets cold enough. I remember the old wind chill index which would say it was even colder, I think they changed it so we wouldn't scare away the tourists. you know what they say, 30 below keeps out the riff-raff!
'56 "C170 and change"
'52 Packard 200
'68 Arctic Cat P12 Panther
"He's a menace to everything in the air. Yes, birds too." - Airplane
ghostflyer

Post by ghostflyer »

Well here in Australia we are at the other end of the extreme. Yesterday it was 106 deg F and the humidity was 90% and then we had a good storm . Today it's a bit better after the rain it's only 82 deg F and the humidity has dropped to around 60% . My pool water is too hot for comfort . You hope to cool off in it but it's like a hot bath . I tried to open my hangar doors yesterday but the tin was too hot to touch . The interior of the hangar was stifling and I couldn't stay there so back to the air con at home .