80" CS Prop

A place to relax and discuss flying topics.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

jeffpohl4

80" CS Prop

Post by jeffpohl4 »

Thoughts and advice. I have a 55 170B with the Avcon 180hp Conv. Im currently swinging the 76" CS Prop but am thinking of buying the 80" from Hartzell. does anyone have any experience with it. pro's/cons. I have plenty of time in a 170 but have always loved the short field aspects so im building my current bird for that purpose. i would love to hear some feedback and ideas. I have no concerns with gross weight, im typically solo and simply wanna have fun. Turn the Prop gov up to 2800 for T/O swing the 80 and a sportsman...what else can a guy do? Jeff
DaveF

Re: 80" CS Prop

Post by DaveF »

I've also got an Avcon. I swapped the 74" Hartzell (F7666A-2) for an 83" MT. I got greatly improved performance in all areas, but I don't know how much was attributable to length or improved blade design, or what. The prop has nickel leading edges and I've had no leading edge damage so far, with occasional operation on dirt.
marathonrunner

Post by marathonrunner »

I put the 80 inch on years ago and had greatly improved performance and very little airspeed loss
It's not done till it's overdone
Skiguy

Post by Skiguy »

I recently installed the Hartzell Top Prop kit and luv it! Awesome performance! Eliminates rpm range restriction as well.