ADS-B Rebate re-introduced and tailBeacon info

How to keep the Cessna 170 flying and airworthy.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

GAHorn

Re: ADS-B Rebate re-introduced and tailBeacon info

Post by GAHorn »

A non trxdr aircraft.... when equipped with a txdr…. is a minor alteration and needs no 337 (according to SAT-FSDO)….so I'm guessing the FAA simply wants an IA on-the-hook for installing any ADS-B Out that isn't "approved" via TSO, etc. so a homemade one isn't used. (The entire program requirement is bogus for many small aircraft, IMO as previously discussed in other threads...and AOPA has not served GA well by their on-the-bandwagon enthusiasm for this system. I will not renew my membership this month.)
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

Since uAvionix has missed their certification promise-date of Nov 15 I have cancelled my orders with them. They responded promptly with acknowledgement.
Their website now promises "Winter of 2018" and also still states that it will be a "minor alteration" installation. We'll see. Unless those promotional statements are met I will not buy their product.
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bramlett

Post by Bramlett »

I ordered the Skybeacon nav light unit back in july. I finally got a notification yesterday that it has shipped. I'm putting it on my PA-28. I'm hoping to get a Tailbeacon when they are ready for the 170B. I've been very frustrated with the uAvionix delays. But, i'm happy to finally be on my way ADS-B. Unfortunately, i found out that since both planes are registered in my LLC that i'll only get one rebate.
Regards,

Patrick

Stable fall, face down, frog modified
Karl Towle

Post by Karl Towle »

And, one should note, the rebate check will arrive payable to that same LLC, so if you don't have a bank account open it its name, you may have difficulty depositing the check. Happened to me with a trust as owner, but I finally won.