Having trouble logging in to the forum?

A place for consolidated forum rules, instructions, announcements and information.

Moderators: GAHorn, Karl Towle, Bruce Fenstermacher

Forum rules
This area is read-only. Only Administrators and Moderators can post here. Please use a private message to the Moderators for questions or comments.
Bruce Fenstermacher

Having trouble logging in to the forum?

Post by Bruce Fenstermacher »

1. Just created a new account but the system will not let you log in..
    • When you create a new account an email is automatically sent to the email address you used to create the account. Your account is inactive until you activate it through this email. Many times this email is caught by spam filters and new forum participants never get it and their account never gets activated.
    • Solution: Look in your email and email spam for the system message and activate the account. If you can't find this email you can have another sent by going to the login page and clicking on "Resend activation e-mail" located under the password field. If you still can't find this email then email the webmaster.
  2. You try to create an account but the system says the email you are using to register is already in use.
    • This means that someone at sometime has used your email to register an account with the system. This person is likely you. The system never forgets an account no matter how old or how long the account is inactive.
    • Solution:Log in using your old user name and password. Do not create a new account using a new password.
  3. You can not remember your account user log in name, password or both.
    • Email the Webmaster
[center]Click to Contact The Webmaster[/center]
GAHorn

Re: Having trouble logging in to the forum?

Post by GAHorn »

Uhh...Bruce... if someone was having trouble logging in to the forum.... exactly HOW would they read this wonderful explanation? :twisted:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bruce Fenstermacher

Uh.... because you don't have to be logged in to read the forum.

I'm hoping that when this trouble happens folks come looking for an explanation
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com
GAHorn

Post by GAHorn »

I guess I was using a different definition of "log in". You are meaning recognition as a member and I was meaning ability to access the forums. :lol:

I now see your point ...( it just tickled my funny-bone.) :lol:
'53 B-model N146YS SN:25713
50th Anniversary of Flight Model. Winner-Best Original 170B, 100th Anniversary of Flight Convention.
An originality nut (mostly) for the right reasons. ;)
Bruce Fenstermacher

Yes I know you were being silly George. But I did check before making the post and I double checked after your comment.

To be clear. Anyone who finds our forum can read those open areas, including my excellent instructions, without ever registering, or if registered, without logging in to the forum.

You must register and log in to post in the open areas.

You must register, become a member of TIC170A, have your account upgraded to TIC170A member status, and then log in to read and post anywhere but the info area of the forum.
George should know this, I spelled it out for the rest of you to commit to memory. There may be a test later :)
CAUTION - My forum posts may be worth what you paid for them!

Bruce Fenstermacher, Past President, TIC170A
Email: brucefenster at gmail.com